New Hope Missionary Baptist Church
Developing and Maturing Christians for Ministry
 Call us: 509-547-7090
HomeService TimesChurch BoardMinistriesNeed DirectionsEvents Calendar
Meet our Pastor and First LadyChurch HistoryPrayer RequestPhoto GalleryTithes



Church History

From a small beginning of 12 people grew a mighty tree. On January 18, 1953, New Hope Baptist Church was conceived in the hearts and minds of this small group of people when they began meeting in the home of Mr. & Mrs. Milton Norwood Sr. at 307 S. Wehe St. , Pasco , WA. Services were held in various homes during this time. June 1953, two lots were purchased, the first service to start our building fund was on youth Sunday. 

June 1955, construction began, winds blew the blocks down twice, but Our God was in the plan. The
building was completed and dedicated on the 2nd Sunday at this time. Rev. M. L. Williams served as
Pastor until 1956.

During 1969-1980, under the leadership of Rev. Singleton, three parcels of land was purchased and
plans for an expansion was made. In 1983 the addition to the church fellowship hall, kitchen, pastor's study, choir room and rest rooms was dedicated.

In 1986 under the leadership of Rev. C. L. Brookins, we began an outreach ministry broadcast by
taping our Sunday morning worship service over AM radio in Umatilla, Oregon.

On February 27, 2002, the church went up in flames. Our pastor during this time was Rev. Charles
Bembry. The fire destroyed the recently remodeled sanctuary and major damages was done to the fellowship hall and office areas. Under the leadership of Rev. Bembry our current church was rebuilt.

In 2005 our members of the church prayed and God sent us Rev. Wayne A. Jenkins and our First
Lady, Michelle Jenkins as our Pastor and wife. Many auxiliaries began and we began to grow again.
These Ministries include Connell Corrections Facilities. In 2012 we entered in to a relationship with Marantha, Hispanic Church. Much of our church history was destroyed in the fire in 2002, however we are continuing to rebuild our history for future generations.

Over this 62 years of service to our Lord we have had several Pastors to include Rev. M.L.. Williams,
Rev. Ed Alexander, Rev. A. J. Johnson, Rev. Bill Wilkins, Rev. Griggs, Rev. J. L. Singleton, Rev. C. L.
Brookins, Rev. Irving, Rev. Charles Hancox, Rev. Donald Black, Rev. Charles Bembry, and currently Dr.

Wayne A. Jenkins, Pastor